Iran Touristenattraktion/Fars Province

Vakil Mosque
Vakil Mosque
The Vakil Mosque is a mosque in Shiraz , southern Iran , situated to the west of the Vakil Bazaar next to its entrance . This mosque was built between 1751 and 1773 , during the Zand period ; however , it was restored in the 19th century during the Qajar period . Vakil means regent , which was the title used by Karim Khan , the founder of Zand Dynasty . Shiraz was the seat of Karim Khan’s government and he endowed many buildings , including this mosque .
Vakil Mosque covers an area of 8,660 square meters . It has only two iwans instead of the usual four , on the northern and southern sides of a large open court . The iwans and court are decorated with typical Shirazi haft rangi tiles , a characteristic feature of the art and industry of Shiraz during the latter half of the 18th century . Its night prayer hall (Shabestan) , with an area of approximately 2,700 square meters , contains 48 monolithic pillars carved in spirals , each with a capital of acanthus leaves . The minbar in this hall is cut from a solid piece of green marble with a flight of 14 steps and is considered to be one of the master pieces of the Zand period . The exuberant floral decorative tiles largely date from the Qajar period .
Shah Cheragh
Shah Cheragh
Sh?h Chér?gh is a funerary monument and mosque in Shiraz , Iran , housing the tomb of the brothers Ahmad and Muhammad , sons of Mūs? al-K?dhim and brothers of ‘Alī ar-Ridh? . The two took refuge in the city during the Abbasid persecution of Shia Muslims .
The tombs became celebrated pilgrimage centres in the 14th century when Queen Tashi Khatun erected a mosque and theological school in the vicinity .
Sh?h-é-Chér?gh is Persian for "King of the Light" . The site was given this name due to the nature of the discovery of the site by Ayatullah Dastgh?'ib (the great grandfather of the contemporary Ayatullah Dastgh?'ib) . He used to see light from a distance and decided to investigate the source . He found that the light was being emitted by a grave within a graveyard . The grave that emitted the light was excavated , and a body wearing an armor was discovered . The body was wearing a ring saying al-‘Izzatu Lill?h , Ahmad bin Mūs? , meaning "The Pride belongs to God , Ahmad son of Musa" . Thus it became known that this was the burial site of the sons of Mūs? al-K?dhim .
Tomb of Hafez
Tomb of Hafez
The Tomb of Hafez and its associated memorial hall , the H?fezieh , are two memorial structures erected in the northern edge of Shiraz , Iran , in memory of the celebrated Persian poet Hafez . The open pavilion structures are situated in the Musalla Gardens on the north bank of a seasonal river and house the marble tomb of Hafez . The present buildings , built in 1935 and designed by the French architect and archaeologist André Godard , are at the site of previous structures , the best-known of which was built in 1773 . The tomb , its gardens , and the surrounding memorials to other great figures are a focus of tourism in Shiraz .
Pasargadae
Pasargadae
Pasargadae was the capital of the Achaemenid Empire under Cyrus the Great who had issued its construction (559-530 BC) ; it was also the location of his tomb . It was a city in ancient Persia , located near the city of Shiraz (in Pasargad County) , and is today an archaeological site and one of Iran's UNESCO World Heritage Sites .
Cyrus the Great began building the capital in 546 BC or later ; it was unfinished when he died in battle , in 530 or 529 BC . The remains of the tomb of Cyrus' son and successor Cambyses II have been found in Pasargadae , near the fortress of Toll-e Takht , and identified in 2006 .
Pasargadae remained the capital of the Achaemenid empire until Cambyses II moved it to Susa ; later , Darius founded another in Persepolis . The archaeological site covers 1.6 square kilometres and includes a structure commonly believed to be the mausoleum of Cyrus , the fortress of Toll-e Takht sitting on top of a nearby hill , and the remains of two royal palaces and gardens . Pasargadae Persian Gardens provide the earliest known example of the Persian chahar bagh , or fourfold garden design (see Persian Gardens) .
Eram Garden
Eram Garden
Eram Garden is a historic Persian garden in Shiraz , Iran .The garden , and the building within it , are located at the northern shore of the Khoshk River in the Fars province .
Both the building and the garden were built during the middle of thirteenth century by the Ilkhanate or a paramount chief of the Qashqai tribes of Pars . The original layout of the garden however , with its quadripartite Persian Paradise garden structure was most likely laid in eleventh century by the Seljuqs , and was then referred to as the "B?q e Sh?h" ("the king's garden" in Persian) and was much less complicated or ornamental . Cornelius de Bruyn , a traveller from the Netherlands , wrote a description of the gardens in the eighteenth century .
Over its 150 years the structure has been modified , restored or stylistically changed by various participants . The building faces south along the long axis . It was designed by a local architect , Haji Mohammad Hasan . The structure housed 32 rooms on two stories , decorated by tiles with poems from the poet Hafez written on them . The structure underwent renovation during the Zand and Qajar dynasties .
In 1965 , Sir Denis Wright , a British ambassador in Iran , was invited by the Chancellor of Shiraz University , Asadollah Alam , to a party in Eram Garden for Princess Alexandra of the Oglivy . The compound came under the protection of Pahlavi University during the Pahlavi era , and was used as the College of Law . the building housed the Asia Institute .
Today , Eram Garden and building are within Shiraz Botanical Garden (established 1983) of Shiraz University . They are open to the public as a historic landscape garden . They are World Heritage Site , and protected by Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization .
Afif-Abad Garden
Afif-Abad Garden
Afif-Abad Garden , originally the Golshan Garden , is a museum complex in Shiraz , Iran .
Located in the affluent Afif-Abad district of Shiraz , the complex was constructed in 1863 . It contains a former royal mansion , a historical weapons museum , and a Persian garden , all open to the public .
The Golshan Garden is one of the oldest gardens in Shiraz .
During the Safavid dynasty , it was used as a palace by the Safavid Kings .
The current main building was constructed by Mirza Ali Mohammad Khan Qawam II in 1863 . He bought a nearby qanat to water his garden . After his death , the garden was eventually inherited by Afife , thus being called "Afif-Abad" .
In 1962 , it was restored by the army . It now functions as a weapons museum .
Persepolis
Persepolis

Persepolis , literally meaning "city of Persians" , was the ceremonial capital of the Achaemenid Empire (ca. 550-330 BCE) . Persepolis is situated 60 km northeast of the city of Shiraz in Fars Province in Iran . The earliest remains of Persepolis date back to 515 BCE . It exemplifies the Achaemenid style of architecture . UNESCO declared the ruins of Persepolis a World Heritage Site in 1979 .