Iran Touristenattraktion/Hamadan Province

Tomb of Esther and Mordechai
Tomb of Esther and Mordechai
The Tomb of Esther and Mordechai is located in Hamadan , Iran . Believed by some to house the remains of the biblical Queen Esther and her cousin Mordechai , it is the most important pilgrimage site for Jews in the country .
In 1891 , the tomb was described as consisting of an outer and inner chamber surmounted by a dome about 50 feet (15 m) high . The dome had been covered with blue tiles , but most of them had fallen away . A few tombs of worthy Jewish individuals were located within the outer chamber .
According to Stuart Brown , the site is more probably the sepulcher of Shushandukht , the Jewish consort of the Sasanian king Yazdegerd I (399-420 A.D.) .
Another tradition first recorded during the Middle Ages places the graves of Esther and Mordechai in the Galilean archaeological site of Kfar Bar'am , close to the kibbutz of the same name , Bar'am , along Israel's northern border with Lebanon .
Avicenna Mausoleum
Avicenna Mausoleum
The Mausoleum of Avicenna is a complex located at Avicenna Square , Hamadan , Iran .
Dedicated to the Iranian polymath Avicenna , the complex includes a library , a small museum , and a spindle-shaped tower inspired by the Ziyarid-era Kavus Tower .
Designed by Hooshang Seyhoun , it was built in 1952 , replacing an older building dedicated to Avicenna which was destroyed in 1950 .
The Pahlavi government had plans to build the mausoleum since at least 1939 . The mausoleum was eventually dedicated in a grand ceremony in May 1954 , and the avenue running in front of it was also renamed in honor of Avicenna .
As the monument was a central element of the propagation of Iranian nationalism by the Pahlavi government , it was consequently in danger of being defaced , but as Khomeini himself was an admirer of Avicenna , the square was not renamed after the 1979 Revolution .
Ganj Nameh
Ganj Nameh
Ganj Nameh is an ancient inscription , 5 km southwest of Hamedan , on the side of Alvand Mountain in Iran . The inscriptions were carved in granite in two sections . The one on the left was ordered by Darius the Great (521-485 BC) and the one on the right by Xerxes the Great (485-65 BC) . Both sections were carved in three ancient languages : Old Persian , Neo-Babylonian and Neo-Elamite . The inscriptions start with praise of the Zoroastrian God (Ahura Mazda) and describe the lineage and deeds of the mentioned kings .
Later generations who could not read the Cuneiform alphabets of the ancient Persian assumed that they contained the guide to an uncovered treasure ; hence they called it Ganjnameh . The name literally means "treasure epistle" , but it has also been called Jangnameh whose literal translation is "war epistle" .
The translation of the text on the right plate , attributed to Xerxes , is :
"The Great God Ahuramazda , greatest of all the gods , who created the earth and the sky and the people ; who made Xerxes king , and outstanding king as outstanding ruler among innumerable rulers ; I the great king Xerxes , king of kings , king of lands with numerous inhabitants , king of this vast kingdom with far-away territories , son of the Achaemenid monarch Darius ."
Two modern contemporary carved tablets have been placed in the site's parking lot with Persian explanation and its English translation .
Ali Sadr Cave
Ali Sadr Cave
The Ali Sadr Cave originally called Ali Saadr or Ali Saard (meaning cold) is the world's largest water cave which attracts thousands of visitors every year . It is located in Ali Sadr Kabudarahang County about 100 kilometers north of Hamadan , western Iran (more accurately at 48°18'E 35°18'N) . Because of the cave's proximity to large cities such as Hamadan , it is a highly recommended destination for tourists from all corners of the world . Tours of the cave are available by pedalos .
Alisadr is the world's biggest water cave , where you sit in a boat and watch the view . This cave is located at 48°18'E 35°18'N , in the southern part of Ali Sadr village . The cave is entered at the side of a hill called Sari Ghiyeh which also includes two other caves called Sarab and Soubashi , each 7 and 11 kilometers from Ali Sadr Cave . Apparently , the water in Ali Sadr cave stems from a spring in Sarab .
In the summer of 2001 , a German/British expedition surveyed the cave , finding to be 11 kilometers long . The main chamber of the cave is 100 meters by 50 meters and 40 meters high .
The cave walls can extend up to 40 meters high , and it contains several large , deep lakes . The cave has a river flowing through it and most travel through the cave system is done by boat . More than 11 kilometers of the cave's water canals have been discovered so far . Some routes are 10 to 11 kilometers long and all lead to "The Island" , a centrally located large atrium .
Hamadan Stone Lion
Hamadan Stone Lion
The stone lion of Hamadan is a historical monument in Hamadan , Iran .
The stone lion -one part of the 'Lions Gate'- sits on a hill where a Parthian era cemetery is said to have been located .
When first built , this statue had a twin counterpart for which they both constituted the old gate of the city . During the Islamic conquest of Persia , the victorious Arabs referred to the gate as bâb ul-asad .
The gates were demolished in 931CE as the Deylamids took over the city .
Mard?vij unsuccessfully tried transporting one of the lions to Ray . Angered by the failure to move them , he ordered them to be demolished . One lion was completely destroyed , while the other had its arm broken and pulled to the ground . The half demolished lion lay on its side on the ground until 1949 , when it was raised again , using a supplemental arm that was built into it .
Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization reports that the lions were first thought to have been built by the orders of Alexander the Great to commemorate the death of his close companion Hephaestion .