The Golestan Palace , literally the Roseland Palace , is the former royal Qajar complex in Iran's capital city , Tehran .
The oldest of the historic monuments in Tehran , and of world heritage status , the Golestan Palace belongs to a group of royal buildings that were once enclosed within the mud-thatched walls of Tehran’s Historic Arg (citadel) .
The Sa'dabad Complex is a complex built by the Qajar and Pahlavi monarchs , located in Shemiran , Greater Tehran , Iran . Today , the official residence of the President of Iran is located adjacent to the complex .
The complex was first built and inhabited by Qajar monarchs in the 19th century . After an expansion of the compounds , Reza Shah of the Pahlavi Dynasty lived there in the 1920s , and his son , Mohammad Reza Pahlavi , moved there in the 1970s . After the 1979 Revolution , the complex became a museum .
Currently , parts of the complex are museums , in which visitors can roam through . The complex is operated by the Cultural Heritage Organization of Iran which is responsible for most of the artifacts , locations , and cultural aspects of the country .
The Niavaran Complex is a historical complex situated in Shemiran , Tehran (Greater Tehran) , Iran . It consists of several buildings and monuments built in the Qajar and Pahlavi eras .
The complex traces its origin to a garden in Niavaran region , which was used as a summer residence by Fath-Ali Shah of the Qajar Dynasty .
A pavilion was built in the garden by the order of Naser ed Din Shah of the same dynasty , which was originally referred to as Niavaran House , and was later renamed Saheb Qaranie House . The pavilion of Ahmad Shah Qajar was built in the late Qajar period .
During the reign of the Pahlavi Dynasty , a modern built mansion named Niavaran House was built for the imperial family of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi . All of the peripheral buildings of the Saheb Qaranie House , with the exception of the Ahmad Shahi Pavilion , were demolished , and the buildings and structures of the present-day complex were built to the north of the Saheb Qaranie House . In the Pahlavi period , the Ahmad Shahi Pavilion served as an exhibition area for the presents from world leaders to the Iranian monarchs .
Cheshmeh-Ali ("Spring of Ali") is an ancient recreational place , located in the south of Tehran and north of Rey . The spring is spot in the neighborhood of Ebn-e Babooyeh , Tughrul Tower , and below the Rashkan castle and next to Rey Castle and Fath Ali shah inscription . In the past , carpet salers and people used to wash their carpets there , with their idea that the property of this spring water is good and clean for carpets and make them full lighter color by its mineral water .
The first signs of civilization in the Cheshmeh-Ali , including the ancient hills , towers and underground springs is related to the production of red terracotta with black-dark brown signs and shapes on them .
Tuğrul Tower (also transliterated Toghrul , Tughrol , or Tughrul) is a 12th-century monument , located in the city of Rey , Iran . Tuğrul Tower is near Rashkan castle .
The 20 meters tall brick tower is the tomb of Seljuk ruler Tuğrul Beg , who died in Rey in 1063 . Originally , like other monuments of its time , it was capped by a conical dome , which would have added to its height . The dome collapsed during an earthquake .
The thickness of the walls varies from 1.75 to 2.75 meters . The inner and outer diameters are 11 and 16 meters , respectively . The exterior shape is that of a polygon with 24 angles in its design , which is thought to contribute to the structure's stability against tremors .
At the top of the tower Kufic inscriptions were originally observable . Naser al-Din Shah ordered some restorations to be made to the top part of the tower , which was collapsing in 1884 .
The tower is protected by Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization .
Bahram fire temple
Bahram Fire temple , Mil Hill or Rey Fire temple is one of the historical religious places in Rey , Iran which has stood since the Sassanid Empire . Mil Hill is assumed to be Bahram V Fire temple .
Tangeh Savashi or Tangeh Vashi is a gorge and mountain pass in the Alborz range of Iran (Persia) . It is a popular tourist attraction in Tehran Province .
Located 15 kilometers west of Firouzkouh , 9 kilometers north of the Firouzkouh-Damavand road in Tehran Province , it is a narrow mountain pass in the Alborz range . The narrow gorge was created by a perennial stream which comes down from a series of waterfalls upstream .
Slightly lower , in a hilly area , the stream provided a patch of lush grazing land within the mountains. Until the 20th century the area was a royal hunting reserve , populated by various wildlife . The Qajar Persia king Fath Ali Shah (1772 – 1834) maintained a hunting lodge there .
To commemorate his hunts , Fath Ali Shah ordered the carving of a rock relief in the mid way point of the pass . There are ruins of a Qajar guard tower at the top of one of entrances to the gorge .
Today , the relief is a popular tourist attraction and the location is also highly popular among trekking and hiking fans .
Tangeh Savashi has private land owner from 1275 khorshidi and was belongs to Agha Mohammad Nayeb Hamedi Sangasari , Haji Esfandiyar Hamedi sangesari , Ali agha Hamedi Esfandiyari , and his son Siamack Hamedi and family sine 1375 khorshidi .
Bibi Shahr Banu Shrine
Bibi Shahr Banu Shrine is a shrine located near Shahr-e Ray , a southern suburb of Tehran , Iran .
The shrine is located outside the present town on the slope of a small mountain range extending eastwards , known by the name of Mount Tabarak or Kuh-e Ray or also Kuh-e Bibi Sharbanu .
The oldest parts of the shrine date from the 15th century , shortly before the Safavid period . Researchers have discussed , if the name of the shrine and the location could point to an earlier pre-Islamic holy site , possible a santcuary of the goddess Anahita .